Lowe's Technology organization believes that in-person collaboration is highly effective and helps build relationships and strengthens our culture. As such, we are leveraging an Open Office approach in how we work, meaning our tech associates will leverage time in the office to focus on highly collaborative activities as well as some remote / work from home time for autonomous endeavors. Each role has different business-driven collaboration needs that will require in-office presence. Job Summary:
Lowe's Forecasting team is seeking an experienced Sr. Data Scientist (Machine Learning Engineer). You will build and deploy state of the art predictive models for use cases such as item-location demand forecast, labor & truck planning, inventory management, supply chain optimization, financial expense prediction. Join us if you are also excited about extending machine learning and data engineering to practical, scalable, time and memory efficient applications. Lowe's Home Improvement is a rapid - growing retailer (Ranked No.31 in Fortune 500 companies)with millions of customers & products and billions of records. Here at Lowe's Forecasting, you will have the freedom and ownership to lead cutting-edge researches and impactful projects, in a collaborative and flexible environment with great work-life balance.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain pipelines for training and deploying machine learning models
- Develop and maintain forecasting models and tools using frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Design and deploy scalable API services for distributing model output data
- Support enterprise forecasting applications
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to ensure that specifications are translated into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solutions
- Stay abreast of state-of-the-art machine learning technologies; follow code standards and best practices
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe's and Lowe's Digital
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe's business partners to effectively interpret data
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe's through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe's
- Maintains expert-level knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members
- Leads automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe's and Lowe's Digital
- Responsible for influencing, leading the thought process, and defining the appropriate methodology for team members
- Translates or provides guidance to more junior level scientists to translate requirements into an analytical approach; asks the right questions to understand the problem; validates understanding with Stakeholder or Manager
- Builds or provides guidance for building the analytic approach to solving a business problem; helps identify the sources, methods, parameters, and procedures to be used; clarifies expectations with stakeholders and plans resources accordingly
- Leverages deep understanding of statistical techniques and tools to analyze data according to the project plan; communicates with stakeholders to provide updates and manage scope
- Prepares final recommendations, ensuring solutions are best-in-class, implementable and scalable in the business
- Executes plan for measuring impact based on discussions with stakeholders, partners and senior team members
- Executes projects with full adherence to enterprise project management practices by participating in formal and informal training
- Maintains knowledge of techniques, technology, industry trends, best practices, and emerging methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 4 years of experience in analytics AND 2 years of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 2 years of experience in analytics AND 1 year of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 1 year of experience in analytics
- Knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- In most cases Lowe's will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Charlotte Tech Hub
- Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field
- 5 years of experience in software development or a related field (3 years + of experience related with data science)
- Hands-on experience with building multiple end-to-end data models and pipelines.
- Strong software engineering background and passion in building services and APIs that deliver impactful product values to our business stakeholders.
- Deep hands-on working knowledge of Predictions/Forecasting related deep learning/ ML algorithms methods, TensorFlow/ PyTorch framework, statistics and distributed computing.
- Strong coding skills in Python, C/C++, or Java.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.