The primary purpose of this role is to translate business problems into analytic designs and perform the quantitative analysis or model building needed to help guide key business decisions. This includes applying knowledge of Lowe's data concepts to the creation of relevant analytic designs and making sound, data-driven business recommendations. This role must follow analytical best practices, analyze and report accurate results, and identify meaningful insights that directly support decision making.
This role leverages multiple resources, advanced analytic methodologies and data streams to support recommendations for business decisions.
This role typically focuses on one business function such as Supply Chain, Stores, Merchandising, or Marketing. This individual independently leads analytic and automation projects while partnering primarily with manager and senior associate level staff to provide expertise in problem analysis, solution implementation, and ongoing optimization opportunities in the assigned business area.
To be successful, the individual in this role must have a deep understanding of analytical techniques and disparate data sources - both internal and external, and strong domain expertise. Key Responsibilities:
- Utilizes a depth of knowledge of how to best leverage disparate data sources, relevant external data and strong domain expertise, in order to deliver on a need of the business
- Provides technical skills to analytics projects, performing more advanced project analysis and data modeling, ultimately ensuring that the final deliverable is high-quality and provides impactful insights
- Translates a business question into an analytical model that can be utilized and executed by the business; Collects, cleans, transforms, and restructures data for statistical analysis; performs statistical summaries and tests for relevant business questions
- Serves as an analytical subject-matter expert for others on the analytical team, working with leading analytics and data modeling tools in order to drive the business of the Lowe's organization; Communicates analyses and insights to leaders by summarizing conclusions and solutions; translates analytics and statistics into clear, understandable themes for business leaders; identifies specific analytic results that drive actionable insights
- Performs operational or customer behavior modeling and analysis in order to provide quality insights
- Creates analytic solutions by exploring innovative data and techniques; conducts exploratory data analysis and modeling
- Builds predictive and prescriptive models supporting a vast array of customer and business scenarios; performs statistical tests to enhance the predictability of models
- Maintains consistency in analytic practices by brainstorming and partnering with other areas within the broader DACI organization
- Responsible for continuously learning and sharing analytic methodology and techniques new to Lowe's
- Develops solid hypotheses, in collaboration with business partners, on how value can be created; builds analytical models, analyses, or tests to validate/disprove these hypotheses and develops actionable recommendations for the business
- Track measures of success and develop dashboard reports that measure customer and operational metrics for one or more of Lowe's operations, driving actionable insights
- Translates project requirements into analytical problem(s), sometimes partnering with more junior level analysts, asking the right questions and validating understanding of requirements with manager or more senior level analysts
- Contributes to or builds project plans, ensuring clear understanding of project requirements and timeline; provides guidance to more junior level analysts and communicates project timelines, scope and expectations to stakeholders
- Gathers and assimilates information/data, sometimes in partnership with more junior level analysts, using known tools, techniques, methods and models to ensure an accurate and concise output summarizing findings; discusses analysis and findings with the team before delivering to stakeholders
- Offers insight and recommendations based on the data analysis for review by more senior level analysts; discusses and incorporates ideas from more junior level analysts
- Maintains updated knowledge of evolving technology and methods that can be used for effective data analysis
- Provides input into the framework for measuring impact of the data analytics function; participates in discussions of impact with stakeholders after projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Data or Information Sciences, or related field AND 3 years of related experience
- Master's Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Data or Information Sciences, or related field AND 1 year of related experience
- 2 years of experience using analytic tools (e.g., Python, SQL, SAS, R, Adobe, Alteryx, Knime, Aster, Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide)
- 1 year of experience working with Enterprise level databases (e.g., Hadoop, Teradata, Aster, GCP, Azure, Oracle, DB2)
- 2 years of experience using enterprise-grade data visualization tools (e.g., MicroStrategy VI, Power BI, Tableau)
- 1 year of Functional experience performing predictive analytics at a large scale enterprise
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or related area
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr) and Enterprise level databases (Hadoop, GCP, Azure, Oracle, Teradata, DB2)
- Experience working with big, unstructured data in a retail environment
- Experience with analytical tools like Python, Alteryx, Knime, SAS, R, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools like MicroStrategy VI, Power BI, SAS-VA, Tableau, D3, R-Shiny
- Programming experience using tools such as R, Python
- Data Science experience using tools such as ML, Text mining
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Project management experience
- Experience in home improvement retail
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.